This study guide can be used throughout your Edexcel AS Music course to reinforce your school work. Written in a clear and approachable style by experienced examiners and teachers, it covers the specification for exams from 2014 onwards.
The book includes:
- Practical advice on Performing
- Expert help with the requirements for the Composing unit
- Explanation of what you need to know for the Listening, Investigating musical styles and Understanding chords and lines sections of the Developing Musical Understanding paper
- Detailed notes on all of the set works
- A glossary that explains all the technical terms you are likely to come across when studying the AS course
- Annotated musical examples to help explain the concepts encountered in the music
- Test-yourself questions to check your understanding of the topics covered, and practice questions similar to the ones you will encounter in the exam.