A definitive study guide for the AS and A Level specifications. This comprehensive guide:
- Covers all components of the AS and A Level courses: Performing, Composing and Appraising
- Gives support and practice in dealing with ‘unfamiliar’ repertoire, as well as the historical context behind each Area of Study
- Provides full coverage of the following AS and A level prescribed works:
- AS prescribed works for assessment in 2017 and 2018*
- A Level prescribed works for assessment in 2018 and 2019*
- Offers comprehensive support for the composing briefs
- Supplies practice questions and answers for all Areas of Study
- Introduces the terminology and techniques that the specification requires students to know
An OCR endorsed textbook
Sample sections of the book are available to download here:
AS - AoS1 Sample, AoS2 Sample, AoS3 Sample.
A Level - AoS1 Sample, AoS2 Sample.
Please note that these are proof pages and not endorsed by OCR.
*NB: The 2021 A Level set works supplement (RHG285) will be available shortly. Customers can choose either the 2020 supplement or the 2021 supplent to be supplied free of charge with purchases of the main study guide.The supplements are also being sold separately.
Sample content from the supplement is available here (commentary on Beethoven Op. 95, third and fourth movements).