Now including a Supplement for the exam in 2016, this book contains practice listening tests that will help you to prepare fully for Sections A and B of the Introduction to Historical Study in Music exam paper. It has been carefully written by two experienced examiners and teachers to match the requirements of the OCR AS Music specification. You can use this book for coursework or for revision and preparation in the final weeks before your exam.
· A detailed introduction that takes you through the types of questions and knowledge expected in the exam
· Six tests each on Instrumental Repertoire 1700-1830 and Popular Instrumental Music 1900-Present Day
· Six tests on the prescribed orchestral scores for June 2014-June 2016
· Six tests each on the jazz set works for June 2014-June 2016
· Model answers to all of the tests
· A comprehensive glossary
· A scores booklet containing printed extracts of all of the music covered in the book.
A CD of the 50 music extracts used in the book is available separately: OCR AS Music Listening Tests 4th edition CD, ISBN 978-1-78305-225-7, RHG245. Please note that this includes all the music for the orchestral works test for 2014 and 2015, and all the Jazz recordings for 2014-2016.
The CD does not include the music for the tests covered by the Supplement, for the orchestral works for 2016: these will need to be purchased separately from iTunes, Amazon or similar sites. Full track details are given in the book.