Now including a Supplement for the exam in 2016, this study guide can be used throughout your OCR AS Music course to reinforce your school work. Written in a clear and understandable style by experienced examiners and teachers, it covers the specification for exams in 2014-2016.
The book includes:
- Practical advice on Performing that will help you to prepare successfully and achieve your best on the day, both in the recital and the discussion
- In-depth guidance on the Composing unit that covers both Section A (Western tonal harmony) and Section B (Instrumental techniques)
- Detailed information on the orchestral and jazz set works, providing background context and a comprehensive analysis of each piece
- Annotated musical examples to help explain the concepts encountered in the music
- Exercises on each topic that will help you test your knowledge.